10 Quotes to Inspire You to Commit to Greater Self-Care
January 18, 2016
While it’s easy to put everything and everyone in life above yourself, the most important thing you can do in life is take care of yourself to help grow every other area of your life.
On yoga retreats, we aim to put self-care as priority number one. On vacation, it’s just as important to relax as it is to adventure.
We’ve gathered our top 10 quotes to inspire you to commit to greater self-care:
1. “Do something every day that is loving towards your body and gives you the opportunity to enjoy the sensations of your body.” -Golda Poretsky
2. “There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” -Aldous Huxley
3. “The perfect man of old looked after himself before looking to help others.” -Chuang Tzu
4. “How do you define ‘taking care of yourself?” Create a new self-care practice today. Observe your comfort level when it comes to being good to yourself. Discomfort is a wise teacher.” -Caroline Myss and Peter Occhinogrosso
5. “In dealing with those who are undergoing great suffering, if you feel ‘burnout’ setting in, if you feel demoralized and exhausted, it is best, for the sake of everyone, to withdraw and restore yourself. The point is to have a long-term perspective.” -Dalai Lama
6. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice yourself too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.” -Karl Lagerfeld
7. “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.” -Deborah Day
8. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” –Jim Rohn
9. “Your body is a vehicle of your emotions and a vehicle of feelings and a vehicle of whatever you need to get done in life. And you’ve got to take care of that vehicle.” –Eva Longoria
10. “But the real secret to lifelong good health is actually the opposite: Let your body take care of you.” –Deepak Chopra